Monday 14 April 2014

Body beautiful...

The other night I fell asleep fully dressed, whilst settling baby M. At some stage through the night I managed to rid myself of the dress I had on, leaving me just in my underdaks. When I finally acknowledged that the day should just begin, I emerged from the bedroom into the quiet, still sleepy house and managed to catch a glimpse of myself in the full-length mirror outside our bathroom.

For the first time, possibly in my life, I really loved what I saw. I am well versed with the parts of my body that I often see and feel uncomfortable with - my tummy that still seems to bulge, my chunky thighs, my arms not as toned as I would like, and my neck that threatens to become a full-blown double chin if I keep using chocolate to keep myself upright through the day.. but this time I saw the complete package, and it worked. My body is rounded, yes, but in a softly beautiful, well proportioned and achingly feminine way.

A shall try to remember this body, beautiful, exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment